[Koha-devel] Can we do away with items.onloan?

Martha Fuerst mfuerst at hmcpl.org
Mon May 21 15:42:23 CEST 2018

So this is interesting - with as muddy as some of our data can get, I only got one result. It’s an item that was checked out to a “problems” account back in October 2017 with a due date of April 2nd, 2018. I thought maybe it was due to an extension of the due date from the checkout screen (but then clearly we would have way more instances of this).

I edited the query a bit and pulled this. So it’s off, but only by a little bit. Has anyone else seen it be off by a bunch? Or is it due to the difference in the datetime vs date formats of the fields?

select i.itemnumber, i.date_due, c.onloan from issues i inner join items c using (itemnumber) where date(i.date_due) != c.onloan

itemnumber	date_due	onloan
611020	2018-04-02 23:59:00	2018-04-01

Marti Fuerst
Systems Librarian
Huntsville-Madison County Public Library
915 Monroe St, Huntsville, AL 35801
http://hmcpl.org/mfuerst at hmcpl.org