[Koha-devel] Explanations in systempreferences options?

Jon Knight J.P.Knight at lboro.ac.uk
Tue May 29 10:43:48 CEST 2018

Hi,

In the midst of working on a new patch on my kohadevbox, I wanted to add a new system preference. In doing so (and debugging as a result!) I noticed some existing system preferences appear to have what I would assume should be the explanation in the option field:

mysql> select * from systempreferences where type = "yesno" and variable like "Suspend%";
| variable             | value | options                                        | explanation | type  |
| SuspendHoldsIntranet | 1     | Allow holds to be suspended from the intranet. | NULL        | YesNo |
| SuspendHoldsOpac     | 1     | Allow holds to be suspended from the OPAC.     | NULL        | YesNo |

Yet these appear on the administration system preferences output OK. Are these wrong, or am I misunderstanding how explanation and options are supposed to work? I thought explanation was the human readable text and options were things you could choose from?