[Koha-devel] roadmap to LRM support ? [was Re: What is biblioitemnumber for?]

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Nov 21 02:32:23 CET 2018

Recently, I used a discovery layer for a public library of which I’m a member, and I was so frustrated, as the search interface was so poorly designed. I spent minutes trying to find my resource but I couldn’t do anything but put keywords into a box, which did not retrieve the resource. Fortunately, I was able to fallback to their legacy catalogue where the search only took me 2 seconds to find the resource.

But it’s a reminder that the people who matter most are the users of the library system. If that library loses their legacy catalogue, I’ll probably just stop using that library, as the discovery layer search interface was useless.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St