[Koha-devel] Building Koha Debian packages in Docker

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Nov 22 08:59:34 CET 2018

Hi folks,

I was wondering if anyone had a Docker image for building Koha Debian
packages. I scouted around a bit and found this image from Jonathan
https://gitlab.com/joubu/koha-dpkg-docker but nothing else.

So I've put together my own project which you can find here:
https://gitlab.com/minusdavid/koha-deb-builder-docker

The "build.sh" script is still rough around the edges, but it all works.
Basically you build the Docker image, dump a tarball into "input" (generated
using git archive with a properly formatted prefix and filename), run a
container, run the build.sh script, and then when the process is done you
should have some Debian packages in your "output" directory which is shared
with your host computer.

Happy to accept pull requests or talk about it in general. The Docker image
is pretty heavy, but that's because the Debian packaging tools are heavy.

The build process is also a bit long because it has to install all the
"build dependencies", although I think we could tweak the debian/control
file so that we don't have to install everything just to build the packages.

Also I couldn't get the tests to complete successfully on the first go so
I've turned them off for now. Fixing the image or the tests so that they can
run would be cool.

Anyway, just thought I'd share that with everyone.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St