[Koha-devel] Generic OpenIDConnect client

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 17 17:00:02 CEST 2018

Greetings,

tcohen wrote in response to dcook’s request for feedback:
> - I had the feeling this should be done with plugins.
> Because every implementation has its details that make them less compatible with the other.

I concur with this idea.

Tangentially, it would also make refactoring authentication easier.
Right now, certain combinations of authentication work in a particular order, and there is no way to change that.
Plugins would let us access them in a particular order, and even configure them IN the staff client, not just
koha-conf.xml which gets filled pretty quickly with authentication cruft (ldap, shibboleth, cas, etc.)

GPML,
Mark Tompsett