[Koha-devel] bulkmarcimport -d and -fk

Stefano Bargioni bargioni at pusc.it
Thu Oct 18 15:56:53 CEST 2018

Hi, all,
before adding a bug, I'd like to discuss this issue with others.
For testing, I installed Koha 18.06.00.032 and Elasticsearch on a Debian 8 virtual machine, using packages koha-common and koha-elasticsearch.
Mysql is "mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.5.60, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.3".

bulkmarcimport.pl -d fails with errors like
 Cannot truncate a table referenced in a foreign key constraint
when going to truncate tables biblio, biblioitems, items. The -fk option is required.

This is probably due to the more strict "way of life" of Mysql.
Do we need to force -fk when -d is specified? Or simply we have to update the -h documentation?
Thx. Stefano