[Koha-devel] Upgrade db to v19.11

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Mon Dec 16 08:13:00 CET 2019

Hi Paul,

as David pointed out, it should be fine, but of course a test is
recommended. What you can do is install a 19.11 on a test server and
then use your existing database. The mismatch of the version in the
database and the source will trigger the web installer that will update
your database structure. So yes, there are substantial changes, but Koha
will take care of it. The most prominent for you will probably be the
new biblio_metadata table which now holds the MARCXML record information.

When installing from packages the file structure will be different, but
the result (Koha running well) should be the same. Package installations
also give you a lot of helpful commands to use that make managing the
instance even easier. Others might be able to tell you more about the
differences/advantages.

Hope this helps,

Katrin