[Koha-devel] Circulation API Question

Stephen Graham s.graham4 at herts.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 12:25:26 CET 2019

Hi All - we have a locally developed mobile app. It's mainly used for stuff like campus wayfinding, but there is also a notifications section. We are thinking of adding Koha notifications to this area - e.g. if the user needs to return a book because there is a reservation and/or it's reached max renewals, if there is a reservation for them to collect etc.

I just trying to get a feel for the best way of doing this - using one of the Koha API services. We are currently on 17.11. I'm looking at https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/APIs_and_protocols_supported_by_Koha , and there are two possible methods that jump out at me:

  *   ILS-DI
  *   Restful HTTP Service/HTTP API (not sure where the RESTful service is up to development wise, but I don't think we have the https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_/svc/_HTTP_API service set up on our Koha)

We could always write our own solution, but would rather use a Koha "supported" one. At the moment it looks like we might use the ILD-DI method. Are there any other recommend/better ways?

Cheers, Stephen