[Koha-devel] Koha barcode - patron barcode Processing

Jeremy Smith jeremy.s.smith.2010 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 12:48:21 CEST 2019

Hello,

I wonder if you can point use in the right direction to modify the Koha
system we’ve just installed?

We’ve set up a basic system to use with barcodes and barcode readers for
both items and patrons.

The problem is that our ID card barcodes add two leading 0s to staff IDs (7
digits vs 9 digits for students) and also the last number is not part of the
ID number but the card issue number.

Somehow we want to intercept the string to remove any leading zeros and also
delete the last digit before it gets used as the patron number by Koha.

Could you give us a pointer as to where I should be looking  (i.e. any
documentation or which module to look at) and what string I should be
processing?

I’ve found the patrons.js, in autocomplete, but suspect that is running when
text is been entered, however the barcode enters the full string and
probably a CR which I suspect is the equivalent of the submit being pressed.

Basically I’m looking for hints as to where the string goes when the Submit
button is pressed.

Can anyone give me a hint?

Many thanks,

Jeremy

P.S. I did post before but didn’t get any responses and can’t reply to me
post as I didn’t get the post by email.