[Koha-devel] REST API /patron/patron_id/xxx endpoints

Lari Taskula lari.taskula at hypernova.fi
Fri Nov 8 12:48:55 CET 2019

Hey Koha developers!

I would like to ask your opinion on endpoint structure for many
patron-related api endpoints. We have two options for the path
structure, let's say for accountlines:

*/patron/{patron_id)/account* (currently in use)

OR

*/account* (not implement, (perhaps some other name would be better))

I understand why the first one makes sense and it is pretty
straight-forward to use when you are dealing with a specific patron.

But, the problem with this choice is that we lose the ability to query
other sets of accountlines data. For example, how would you get a list
of accountlines from today? There may not currently be need for such
exact query, but it should be possible if we want a more complete API.

My question is, when creating new endpoints that are closely tied to
another object, such as accountlines to patron, do we also want to
support the full accountlines object via its own endpoint? It would make
sense for listing different sets of accountlines data.

--
Lari Taskula
Software Developer, Koha-Suomi Oy