[Koha-devel] API use in intranet and OPAC

Agustin Moyano agustinmoyano at theke.io
Fri Oct 4 18:22:12 CEST 2019

Hello everyone, I'll introduce myself for those of you who didn't "git
blame" me... I'm the one who introduced that huge, nasty, blocking bug,
that didn't ley you place a simple hold on intranet.

I'm glad to announce that patch is on the way, and passed QA.

This was one of the first steps (if not the first) of using the API in
intranet. A really clumpsy step, I give you that, but as they saying says..
"That's one small step for [a] man, one giant leap for the API", but in my
case, if I've been Neil Armstrong, I've probably tripped as soon as I got
out of the module, get my helmet all scratched and filled with moon dust,
and instead of a nice clean footprint, there would have been a fuzzy figure
resembling a space suit trying to get up.

Marcel de Rooy, the generous soul who passedQA the solution patch,
complained (and he was absolutely right) about a couple of things:

1. That there was no comunication about this in dev channel before
implementing. It's too late for discusing before implementing, but I would
really like to know your opinion post implementation.

2. OPAC and Intranet now use diferent methods to place holds.. one uses the
API, the other uses a POST to a .pl file. I think it best to move OPAC to
use the API, but this time I'm going to hear you first.

Regards