[Koha-devel] API use in intranet and OPAC

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at l2c2.co.in
Tue Oct 8 10:04:44 CEST 2019

Hi,

On Tue, 8 Oct 2019 at 06:17, <dcook at prosentient.com.au> wrote:

> I suppose one downside could be the Koha OPAC website could become
> neglected, if everyone was just maintaining their own user interfaces. But
> I imagine a lot of people would still want to use the Koha OPAC website too.
> (After all, integrating with third-party APIs can be very challenging too!)

I agree.

For library professionals without programming skills or access to
qualified IT support, who are bootstrapping their library automation
using Koha, the OPAC is central key feature. I see the OPAC continuing
to remain important to that user segment for at least the next 5
years.

Cheers
Indranil Das Gupta
L2C2 Technologies