[Koha-devel] how to debug

M.Wahls marco.wahls at gmx.de
Mon Apr 6 17:30:23 CEST 2020

Hello koha-devel,

i'm facing a general problem on debugging.
The remote debugger (on koha-testing-docker instance) seams to ignore my
breakpoints.
If the debugger connects my Komodo-11.1 it stops on the first executable
(starman file) and thats it.

In my example i used Ubuntu.
Koha-testing-docker and Komodo-11.1 are up and running.
the debugger connects to komodo.

Here are my steps on koha-testing-docker:
wget
https://downloads.activestate.com/Komodo/releases/11.1.1/remotedebugging/Komodo-PerlRemoteDebugging-11.1.1-91089-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
tar xzf Komodo-PerlRemoteDebugging-11.1.1-91089-linux-x86_64.tar.gz
mkdir dbgp
mkdir dbgp/perllib
mv Komodo-PerlRemoteDebugging-11.1.1-91089-linux-x86_64/* dbgp/perllib/
rm -rf Komodo-PerlRemoteDebugging-11.1.1-91089-linux-x86_64
ip a
sudo koha-plack --stop kohadev
start_plack_debug

the mapping on the komodo project is configured like this:
URI: file://dd1090d5f944/kohadevbox/koha
Maps to: /home/user/git/koha

it's really a strange problem. And because of a lack of documentation
i'm not sure if i just misconfigured something tiny - albeit reading a
lot of tutorials and documentation on remote debugging Perl in general.
i would sugest the best way is to take a look on a machine i put online.
Because it's more handy than writing mails. Feel free to send me an
email: marco.wahls at gmx.de

best wishes
Marco