[Koha-devel] problem with sudo a2enmod mpm_itk

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Apr 23 01:31:28 CEST 2020

Hi Christian,

It looks like you have libapache2-mpm-itk installed, but you made some typo mistakes in the other command I sent you. That should have been “ls /etc/apache2/mods-available” instead of “ls / etc / apache2 / mods-available”.

I recently installed Koha 19.11.04 on a Ubuntu 18.04 virtual machine guest without any problems, so I suspect the problems are with your process or with your OS installation.

Your hostname “christianjcj-HP-1000-Notebook-PC” is a bit strange. How are you running Ubuntu 18.04 on your notebook? Is it Linux installed directly onto the notebook? Is it in a virtual machine running in Windows? It looks to me like you might be running it on the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL). Are you doing that? If you’re trying to use WSL, it very likely won’t work, because that’s not a “real” Linux implementation. WSL doesn’t use a real Linux kernel, so it can’t do everything that real Linux can do, especially when it comes to networking (like Apache).

Troubleshooting these sorts of problems via email can be challenging, so you might consider looking for help on IRC: https://koha-community.org/get-involved/irc/.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems