[Koha-devel] 21.05 and release-notes-needed workflow

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Fri Dec 11 12:24:47 CET 2020

Hi devs,

There is a small adjustment about the "release-notes-needed" bugzilla
keyword for 21.05.
With the documentation team we decided that the "Text to go in the
release notes" field must be filled *before* the new enhancements and
features are pushed to master.

If you have patches that reach the "Passed QA" status and that the bug
report does not have release notes, I will add the
"release-notes-needed". The patches won't be reviewed and pushed until
release notes have been correctly added.

The point of this workflow is 1. to make sure we won't have new
enhancement/ft without release notes when the major release is done,
2. help the documentation team to write the manual and 3. introduce
the habit to write the release notes when the patches are submitted,
to help testers, QAers and RM.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Jonathan