[Koha-devel] Bug 18936 - Circulation Rules Ratification

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Wed Feb 5 17:17:04 CET 2020

I can easily understand why the commit messages were not revised, and I
certainly wouldn't want to be the person that delay such an important
patchset because of the commit messages.

The problem with commit messages is that they cannot be changed/improved
after the commits have been pushed. And as you said, follow-ups often
pollute the history.

Also, it may be easier to enforce a rule like "you have to write one
line in ChangeLog" than a rule like "you have to write a good commit
message" because good and bad are really subjective. And if the line in
ChangeLog is not good enough, it can still be improved later, after the
commits are pushed.

Maybe we can continue this discussion on bug 22890, as Jonathan suggested

--
Julian Maurice
BibLibre