[Koha-devel] Starting/stopping koha-testing-docker

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Fri Feb 7 01:18:28 CET 2020

Thanks, Tomas, but the issue isn’t the database. I was probably misleading in my original email. The issue is that the /kohadevbox/run.sh script tries to re-provision the koha_koha_1 server, and it fatally fails to do so. Before doing the setup, it should do a test to see if it needs to do the setup.

But the --force-recreate option is practical enough for now. If it bothers me enough going forward, I’ll do a patch and send in a pull request for the run.sh script

It’s probably not a bad thing to re-create the containers each time just to have a clean code and configuration environment, but it makes long-term work more difficult.

Recently, I created a jboss/keycloak container, and I just start/stop that container whenever I need a Keycloak server. Same with a lot of containers I use. Of course, that means it’s easier for untracked localizations to sneak in and then you destroy the container and create a new one and it’s radically different to what you’re using but *shrug*.

Anyway, good to know that we can’t stop/start koha-testing-docker. I thought I was missing something, but it just looks like it’s not possible currently.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St