[Koha-devel] Build the easy way throws error

M.Wahls marco.wahls at gmx.de
Fri Feb 7 21:31:47 CET 2020

Thank you. You helped me a lot!

I analysed the docker image and used the description on the webside of
the docker image. And was able to get things working using the debian
installation on VirtualBox.

Here are my steps. There are some litte changes compared to the tutorial
in the koha-wiki. May be it helps someone somehow.

Debian virtualbox setup min 2GB Ram, 20GB variable Filesystem
Downloaded installation media is Debian netinstall (setup includes SSH
Server und standard systemtools during package selection).

after reboot install the following software:
apt-get install devscripts pbuilder dh-make fakeroot
debian-archive-keyring libmodern-perl-perl

create build image:
pbuilder create --distribution stretch
pbuilder login --save-after-login
  export VERSION=19.11
  echo "deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha $VERSION main" >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list

>> To build a package from master, you need the following steps instead
of the two mentioned above:
>> echo "deb http://debian.koha-community.org/koha unstable main" >
/etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
>> echo "deb [trusted=yes] http://apt.abunchofthings.net/koha-nightly
unstable main" >> /etc/apt/sources.list.d/koha.list
>> the rest of the procedure is the same for master and 19.11,
>> except checkout after cloning the koha repository.

  apt install wget gnupg
  wget -O- http://debian.koha-community.org/koha/gpg.asc | apt-key add -
  apt update
  apt install koha-perldeps
  exit

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

checkout koha and prepare build:
mkdir ~/debian
cd ~/debian
git clone git://git.koha-community.org/koha.git koha
cd koha
git checkout -b 19.11.x origin/19.11.x
git pull
cd ..
cp -r koha koha-build
mkdir build-result
cd koha-build
su -c "./debian/build-git-snapshot -r /home/user/debian/build-result -v
19.11.02git -d"
cd ../build-result

>> check if *.deb-files exist:
ls -al

Not all steps are importent for the first build, but are usefull later on.

best wishes
Marco