[Koha-devel] About SMS integration with KOHA 19.11 from Bangladesh.

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Tue Feb 18 00:22:38 CET 2020

Could you be more specific about what SMS Gateway you’re trying to use and how you’re trying to use it?

You could take a look at https://metacpan.org/pod/SMS::Send::UK::Kapow and model your own SMS driver on that (which itself is just building off of SMS::Send::Driver https://metacpan.org/pod/SMS::Send::Driver). The main method you’ll need to customize for your SMS Gateway API is “send_sms”.

Here in Australia, we’ve written a couple drivers for some Australian SMS Gateways. I create tarballs of the driver code (which include a Build.PL file) and then I use “cpanm” to install them. (Alternatively, you could build OS packages from them as well, which would be a more scalable approach.) Once the drivers are installed in the system, then you can reference them using the “SMSSendDriver” system preference in Koha.

You can also use the “sms_send_config” configuration option in koha-conf.xml to set Koha instance specific SMS driver configuration.

If you share some more details, I’m sure we can help you out more.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St