[Koha-devel] Urungi for building dashboards on Koha database

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Mon Jan 6 14:02:12 CET 2020

Hello koha-devel,

First of all, happy new year !

This new year comes with a finalized version of Urungi and availability
of some dashboards & layers for building your own dashboards & reports.
I'm happy to share all our work with the Koha community, and would be
even happier with some feedback, suggestions, and contributions !

  Urungi

Urungi can be downloaded here : https://github.com/biblibre/urungi/releases

Some new features since v1:

  * export reports and dashboards in PDF or PNG
  * theme management. Urungi 2.1.0 is provided with 2 themes for theming
    your dashboards in a few clicks. More themes can be added easily,
    it's just a CSS
  * a reports or dashboard can now be made public, ie available through
    an URL, without any login
  * Minor improvements:
      o you can rename a field when building a report, to have a more
        meaningful legend
      o crossed reports are based on HTML table, more consistency with
        other reports

  Urungi-data

Urungi is pretty an empty box without the proper layers and some
dashboards for Koha. That's why we've created another repo, where we
store & publish them.

You can find them on a specific repository, available at :
https://github.com/biblibre/urungi-data

You'll find there what we made for french UNIMARC libraries. I'm looking
for some volunteers who would like to translated them to English. It's
pretty easy even if you don't speak french for the French>English
translation, a little bit more tricky for the MARC21 specific things. If
you want to work on that, just drop me an email, I'll give your some
directions on how to do that.

Note that someone is already working on a translation to Spanish

  Contributing

How to contribute ? As usual you can submit issues on github if you face
any problem or would like a feature to be added.

Urungi is currently available only in English and French. If you want to
translate (Urungi, not Koha layers/reports/dashboards), welcome
https://github.com/biblibre/urungi/tree/master/language

  Demo platform

our demo, based on our koha demo, is available at:
https://intranet-demo.biblibre.com/urungi/

login bibliotheque

password 9sDDn3o11T

It contains layers, reports and dashboards that are available on urungi-data

  Feedback welcomed !

I would be more than happy to have feedback on Urungi, urungi-data,
features, bugs, dashboards. Feel free to share any work you do.

Note that in march we will replace the static page urungi.org by a brand
new website (based on WordPress)

--
Paul Poulain, Associé-gérant / co-owner
BibLibre, Services en logiciels libres pour les bibliothèques