[Koha-devel] "Get desktop application" link

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Jan 13 08:50:22 CET 2020

That sounds reasonable. I don’t really have a solution in mind, but just wondered about it from a branding perspective. Maybe https://gitlab.com/koha-community/koha-offline-circulation?

Then again, maybe it’s worthwhile keeping it affiliated with Bywater, since it’s not part of Koha per se? I suppose the “Get Firefox add-on” isn’t really that different in that regard? Perhaps both should be put under a “Third-party” heading?

Admittedly, I’m not familiar with the KOC functionality. (Historically, we’ve used our own custom desktop application to fill this niche.)

I don’t have a strong stance in any way. I’m just curious. As the REST API grows, I imagine more and more third-party tools will develop around Koha, and I wonder how those should be recommended to end users. (I suppose that’s a parallel line of thinking with how Koha plugins are published and shared amongst people.)

I’m probably just overthinking it, but it’s something I ponder. Happy to let sleeping dogs lie too.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St