[Koha-devel] External Independent Security Audits of Koha

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Tue Jan 28 08:45:38 CET 2020

Hi all,

Sending this first to the dev list, and might send to the general list
depending on responses.

Has anyone in the Koha community commissioned an external independent
security audit of Koha? I know people do their own pen testing and security
audits, but has anyone paid for an external independent firm to certify
Koha?

Apologies for the vagueness. I'm asking this question on behalf of someone
else. I don't think it's a source code audit (like has been done for open
source encryption software like TrueCrypt). Rather, I think it's an audit of
an implemented Koha. Of course, any audit of an implementation would be
implementation specific, so I'm not quite sure of the intentions behind the
original question, but there you have it.

David Cook

Systems Librarian

Prosentient Systems

72/330 Wattle St