[Koha-devel] Write good commit messages

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Fri Jan 31 11:51:48 CET 2020

Hi devs,

This is a gently reminder about the bug report titles and commit messages.
At the last dev meeting we discussed if we should or not reinforce, at
QA and RM step, the coding codeline about how commit messages are
written. We voted yes :)

Can you please read again the following wiki
page:https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Commit_messages

And especially the "examples" section:
https://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Commit_messages#Examples

The main point is: the bug report title must describe what the bug is,
while the commit title must describe what the patch does, so most of
the time you must not copy the bug report title to the commit title.

https://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2017-August/043991.html

Cheers,
Jonathan