[Koha-devel] Fwd: Repack git repo

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Thu Jun 4 09:53:59 CEST 2020

Thanks Liz!
I git clone the "new" repo, then redo the git gc, and tadaaa

$ git gc --aggressive --prune=now
Counting objects: 590241, done.
Compressing objects: 100% (571643/571643), done.
Writing objects: 100% (590241/590241), done.
Total 590241 (delta 459721), reused 130510 (delta 0)
Checking connectivity: 590241, done.

$ git count-objects -vH
count: 0
size: 0 bytes
in-pack: 590241
packs: 1
size-pack: 759.32 MiB
prune-packable: 0
garbage: 0
size-garbage: 0 bytes

So yes, we must upgrade the server to get a new version of git (if
that makes the difference).

How can we help? Who can provide a server for that?