[Koha-devel] Perl version requirement

Julian Maurice julian.maurice at biblibre.com
Wed Jun 24 19:15:56 CEST 2020

Ah yes, I forgot about Xenial.

Not sure if it is still supported. The thing is, depending on where you
look, you find different informations:

In the latest release notes:

- 20.05.01 says that the recommended environments are Debian stretch,
Debian buster or Ubuntu bionic, and requires Perl 5.10
- 19.11.07 says that the recommended environments are Debian jessie,
Debian stretch, Debian buster or Ubuntu bionic and requires Perl 5.10
- 19.05.12 says the the recommended environements are Debian stretch or
Ubuntu bionic, and requires Perl 5.24 (it's strange that an older
version of Koha require a newer version of Perl)

On Jenkins, there is a "supported" tab that includes Ubuntu xenial,
bionic and focal, and Debian jessie, stretch and buster.

So it is not very clear.
Maybe we can include that information in Koha's source (in README ?) and
make it the "single source of truth" ?

Le 24/06/2020 à 18:40, Mark Tompsett a écrit :
> Greetings,
>
> I apologize if this is a dumb question, but do we support Xenial (Ubuntu
> 16.04) still? If so, then Julian Maurice's suggestion is a little over.
> Xenial has Perl 5.22 in it. If we don't support Xenial, then +1 for his
> suggestion of 5.24 as the Perl version to use.
>
> GPML,
> Mark Tompsett

Julian Maurice
BibLibre