[Koha-devel] KTD: ES6 as default, support for ES7

Victor Grousset/tuxayo victor at tuxayo.net
Thu May 7 21:42:31 CEST 2020

On 20-05-07 02:46, Tomas Cohen Arazi wrote:
> - Update the ES docker images we use (official+icu-analysis plugin) to
> the latest version
> - Create a koha/elasticsearch-icu:7.x image
> - Set ES 6 as the new default for KTD
> - Added an alias to be able to still test ES 5
> - Added an alias to be able to test ES 7

tchohen++

:D

> PS: The discussion involved setting SearchEngine to Elasticsearch on
> misc4dev by default, but I'm not sure there was consensus on that.
> People present on the meeting, please answer this email with your
> perceptions.

Indexing ES by default in KTD: yes
Maybe only on ku-es* ? That might add a burden to the setup conf & scripts.

About the syspref, let me reread the discussion.

Beginning @19:58:17
https://meetings.koha-community.org/2020/development_irc_meeting_6_may_2020.2020-05-06-19.10.log.html

So, it seems that we have a mixed usage of ES and Zebra so it's not
critical to have ES by default.

It was not decided to have ES by default. I forgot to ask if that would
still be useful despite not being critical ^^"
Maybe I'll bring that back in a future meeting :P

Anyway, even without SearchEngine=Elasticsearch when running "ku" is
that possible to have that when running ku-es* ?

IIUC ku is now the same as ku-es6
So we could make a difference on the syspref. (Is that feasible without
too much hassle on the setup conf & scripts? I can take a look.)

Then ku will be a sort of ku-zebra compared to ku-es*
And ku-es6 will be turn key ES, so it wouldn't be an extra effort to
constantly be on ES.

Cheers,

--
Victor Grousset/tuxayo