[Koha-devel] Location of plugins in @INC

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Nov 11 01:17:49 CET 2020

Hi all,

I was talking about how we could override default Koha modules with
customized versions by just making sure those modules were located earlier
in @INC.

That got me thinking. at the moment we put Koha Plugins at the bottom of
@INC, but we could actually put them at the start of @INC.

They would be more dangerous as they'd be able to override any Perl module.
but they would also be more powerful.

In the context of a Koha where controllers are Perl modules (e.g.
Mojolicious controllers) rather than Perl scripts, a plugin could override
any controller in Koha. That could make for very powerful and seamless
customizations.

Anyway, something to think about.

Cheers,

David Cook