[Koha-devel] [SOLVED] Re: no backups when running koha-run-backups

Indranil Das Gupta indradg at l2c2.co.in
Tue Nov 17 12:20:06 CET 2020

On Tue, 17 Nov 2020 at 16:07, Jonathan Druart <
jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org> wrote:

> Sorry then, no idea what's happening.
> I can only confirm it works for me on master!
>
> I'd try to remove the /dev/null redirection
> 60  koha-dump "$name" > /dev/null

I had done that earlier it was showing the following text and immediately
exiting the script

Dumping Koha site medica:

thanks to @Joubu's pointer, it made me look more closely at the
dump_instance() function in the koha-dump. apparently the following line
was the reason behind the script's sudden termination:

mysqlhost="$( xmlstarlet sel -t -v 'yazgfs/config/hostname' $kohaconfig )"

In the end it was the given instance's empty 'yazgfs/config/hostname' node.
Filling it with 'localhost' sorted out the issue.

cheers
-Indranil