[Koha-devel] koha-testing-docker and plugins

Mark Alexander marka at pobox.com
Wed Nov 25 18:55:26 CET 2020

I've been struggling for a couple of days with getting plugins to work
with koha-testing-docker.  I'm using the latest Koha source and
koha-testing-docker images, I started the container with the "ku" alias,
and it's running correctly.  Plugins are enabled in koha-conf.xml;
here are the relevant lines:

 <pluginsdir>/var/lib/koha/kohadev/plugins</pluginsdir> <!-- This entry can be repeated to use multiple directories -->
 <!--pluginsdir>/kohadevbox/koha_plugin</pluginsdir-->
 <enable_plugins>1</enable_plugins>

But when I log into the Koha staff client using the koha user, which
is a superlibrarian, I don't see "Tool plugins" under the "Additional
tools" heading on the Tools page.

I'm not familiar with debugging Perl; my experience is from years of
using GDB with C/C++.  The README for koha-testing-docker has only the
barest hints about debugging.  Before I resort to debugging with print
statements (or system("echo something >>/tmp/junk")), is there a
better way for me to figure out what's wrong here?

--
To any truly impartial person, it would be obvious
that I'm always right. --Ashleigh Brilliant