[Koha-devel] Strange Plack-related bug

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Sep 3 09:18:27 CEST 2020

Hi all,

I was running Koha Plack on OpenSuse (using CPANed libraries), and I noticed
that creating a new authority would take me to
/cgi-bin/koha/authorities/detail.pl?authid=1, which then spat out an error
in my logs of "Subroutine build_tabs redefined at
/path/to/koha/intranet/cgi-bin/authorities/detail.pl line 56."

After that, it became impossible to create  a new authority via
/cgi-bin/koha/authorities/authorities.pl. Seemingly because the build_tabs
subroutine had been redefined to be incompatible with authorities.tt.

I noticed that this only affected my OpenSuse Koha. It didn't affect Debian
or Ubuntu. That makes me think that it's due to an issue with the Plack
libraries being used. On Ubuntu I was using 1.0047, on Debian I was using
1.0042, and on OpenSuse I was using 1.0039.

My guess is that it's an issue with the older library, but I really don't
know. Wondering if anyone else has encountered this particular issue. Same
Koha code running on each OS, but yeah. the OpenSuse was having issues that
the Debian/Ubuntu didn't.

David Cook

Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems