[Koha-devel] Cancellable orders

Katrin Fischer katrin.fischer.83 at web.de
Tue Sep 29 22:12:04 CEST 2020

Hi Tomas,

I am torn here.

To keep it simple: one reason an item might not be deletable is if it
was checked out. If the item is checked out while not received yet...
I'd say something has gone wrong. The item should not actually be in the
library.

So now we could:

1) Notify the user and don't allow cancelling the order.
2) Notify the user that the items could not be deleted, but cancel the
order.
3) Notify the user and ask if the order should be cancelled anyway - act
according to what the user decides.

... I think the third option could be a nice solution that leaves room
for some workflows I am not aware of.

Katrin