[Koha-devel] Previewing editor content in "News"

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Aug 12 08:45:14 CEST 2021

Hi all,

Lately, I've been thinking that it would be great if we could preview
content from WYSIWYG editors in context before saving and showing it live.

Content Management Systems and Wikis usually let you do that, and I think it
would be really useful. I know that I've had at least a few librarians
complain about how their News content looks different in the OPAC than it
does in the News function, and I don't really have an answer except "sorry"
at the moment.

This would actually be useful for OpacUserCSS and OpacUserJS as well.

Looking at Media Wiki, it looks like it uses a "wpEditToken" value, so the
data must be saved, and then fetched using the token.

I think it would be harder for Koha than Media Wiki (especially for system
preferences and News for specific libraries), but I think it would be
useful.

Unfortunately, I don't have the resources to work on this, but maybe someone
else does.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems