[Koha-devel] Replacement of mailman (mailing lists)

Victor Grousset/tuxayo victor at tuxayo.net
Fri Aug 20 01:47:41 CEST 2021

On 21-08-19 08:42, dcook at prosentient.com.au wrote:
> It does seem like Discourse is reasonably popular although I’ve only
> engaged with it from the forum perspective. It looks like it does have
> mailing list support but I don’t know what that means exactly.

 > In mailing list mode you will receive one email per post, as happens
with traditional mailing lists. This is desirable if you prefer to
interact via email, without visiting the forum website.

 > Yes, provided you configure “email reply support” appropriately

I just checked on an instance and it's possible to watch a category. It
would have the same effect as subscribing to a mailing list.

---

Also, it's possible if it's worth the work to import a mailing list.

see
=> How do I import my mailing list?

=> My organisation manages multiple mailing lists. Can they be imported
incrementally?

Cheers,

--
Victor Grousset/tuxayo