[Koha-devel] German language (de-DE) no more shown after update to Koha 21.05.01

Michael Kuhn mik at adminkuhn.ch
Fri Jul 16 11:35:59 CEST 2021

Hi Jonathan

I'm sorry but it's no more possible to test anything. As written I have
deleted the directory "/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/de-DE"
since seemingly because of the existence of this directory
"koha-translate" thought German (de-DE) was still installed.

After the deletion I was able to (re-)install German.

So fo course this time "koha.translate" is correct when saying:

# koha-translate --install de-DE --verbose
Error: the selected language is already installed. Try --update if you
want to re-install it.

However - no, "/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/" is not an
existing directory and I don't know why "koha-translate" did output the
following:

# koha-translate --install de-DE
/usr/share/koha/opac/htdocs/opac-tmpl/prog/en/: Input must be a directory.
(Symbolic links are not supported at the moment)
Try `/usr/share/koha/misc/translator/tmpl_process3.pl --help for more
information.

Maybe someone did something wrong in the past - I'm only responsible for
the current update from Koha 19.11.00 to 21.05.01.

Best wishes: Michael