[Koha-devel] Increasing Debian Package Compatibility Levels

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Jun 7 08:22:46 CEST 2021

Hi all,

I've been noticing lately some of the following warnings when I'm building
Koha Debian packages:

dh_install: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)

dh_installdocs

dh_installdocs: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in
use)

dh_installchangelogs

dh_installchangelogs: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7
in use)

dh_compress

dh_fixperms

dh_installdeb

dh_installdeb: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)

dh_gencontrol

It seems to me that we should look at upping our compatibility level.

We can see the changes between v7, 8, and 9 at
https://manpages.debian.org/testing/debhelper/debhelper.7.en.html.

At a glance, I think that we'd probably be OK moving up to 9 from 7. But
we'd want to do some testing.

David Cook

Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems