[Koha-devel] Switching from SysV to Systemd for koha-common service

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Mar 25 04:42:03 CET 2021

Hi all,

I was just installing koha-common, as you do, and I noticed the following
warning:

Failed to enable unit: Unit /run/systemd/generator.late/koha-common.service
is transient or generated.

This is the product of the following command: "update-rc.d koha-common
enable"

I think I was able to work around it by running the following:
"/lib/systemd/systemd-sysv-install enable koha-common"

However, I'm thinking it is probably time to switch koha-common from SysV to
Systemd. We'll lose a bit of functionality for the "status" option, but
otherwise it shouldn't be too bad. I think we'll lose the "restart" as well
as I think the systemd restart is a "stop" and "start".

David Cook

Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03