[Koha-devel] Why is config ($KOHA_CONF) stored in memcached ?

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon May 3 01:28:45 CEST 2021

Sounds good to me.

I don’t recall how long the Koha conf has been stored in Memcached, but it would have benefited CGI Koha since every HTTP request would’ve done a disk read. But I think we’ve pretty much moved on from CGI now, so +1 to only reading koha-conf.xml once at startup.

This change should also make it easier to make changes to Koha. It drives me a little bit crazy that I have to manually clear Memcached every time I make a change to koha-conf.xml…

David Cook

Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03