[Koha-devel] custom core patches management

Fridolin SOMERS fridolin.somers at biblibre.com
Wed Nov 3 01:27:33 CET 2021

Hi,

Sounds like old-fashion version management :)

We use GIT versioning system https://git-scm.com.

The community real repository is
https://git.koha-community.org/Koha-community/Koha.git.
It is also on GitHub : https://github.com/Koha-Community/Koha

I suggest you create a GitHub account and fork it to propose your
changes (a new branch per feature).

Best regards,

Le 02/11/2021 à 00:00, David Schmidt a écrit :
> Hello koha community,
>
> We made some changes to our Koha instance and are now looking for a
> mechanism to apply them to a new installation.
>
> - some of the changes are simply new files, thats easy.
> - some changes were possible to put into plugins or use existing hooks.
>
> but how do you deal with changes to the koha sourcecode?
>
> this is our strategy:
>
> 1) we have a git repo with our koha source code.
> 2) if we change code in Foobar.pm we create 3 files.
> Foobar.pm.orig
> Foobar.pm.changed
> Foobar.pm.patch
> 3) on a new koha instance next we have a script `install.sh` that
> compares Foobar.pm.orig with the installed file. if they match, the
> patch is applied.
>
> Does that sound like a good idea?
> How do YOU manage core changes that do not go upstream?
>
> cheers,
> david

Fridolin SOMERS <fridolin.somers at biblibre.com>
Software and system maintainer 🦄