[Koha-devel] Workflow improvement suggestions for security releases

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Oct 19 20:59:06 CEST 2021

We have very few (I think none) 19.11  libraries left. Almost all of our libraries are either running 21.05 or in the process of upgrading). However we have committed to maintain 19.11 for the community for at least one more cycle.

It's very low maintenance as its pretty much just security patches from here.
If no one else takes over it next cycle we will do it again.

Having an LTS release would be useful. By far the majority of Koha libraries are not with a support provider, and if we check hea, there's a large (1000+) number of libraries running a version of 19.11.

It would also be one step closer to getting into Debian proper. (a long term dream of mine)

Chris