[Koha-devel] Koha Improvement idea for the Task scheduler feature

Ola Andersson ola.andersson at ltu.se
Tue Sep 28 10:13:58 CEST 2021

Kia ora Everyone,

I had a look at the Task scheduler in our version of Koha (20.11) and have a few improvements in mind:

[cid:image001.png at 01D78F90.E83EC790]

By Adding a "when to send" dimension it would become possible to use the Task scheduler for repetitive (cron) reports.. E.g. We use our local task scheduler to send picking lists to staff to have books picked that have reservations/holds and that are to be transferred from the library to another branch.

These below are the main "when to send" values available to pick from in our local service doing similar job as Task scheduler:

case "OnRequest":
case "OnContentChange":
case "OnContentChangeOnceDaily":
case "OnContentChangeEveryHour":
case "WDOnContentChangeEveryHour": (WD = Week days - Mon-Fri)
case "WDOnContentChangeEveryHour0717":
case "OnContentChangeEveryHour0720":
case "OnContentChangeEveryMonday":
case "FirstDayEveryMonth":
case "FirstDayEveryQuarter":
case "EveryMonday":
case "EveryTuesday":
case "EveryWednesday":
case "EveryThursday":
case "EveryFriday":
case "EverySaturday":
case "EverySunday":
case "EveryWorkDay":
case "EveryDay":
The options using "OnContentChange" all uses crc32 checksums of the report content to validate if the report content has changed from last run or not.
These are the database field we use for our local version of "Task scheduler":
[cid:image003.png at 01D78F91.39FCFCF0]
It would be great if we could extend the task scheduler in line with this above.! I am here mainly submitting an idea and will not be able to develop the features..
Ola Andersson