[Koha-devel] Vote on Vue3 (for ERM) at the next dev meeting

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at bugs.koha-community.org
Fri Apr 8 09:43:41 CEST 2022

Hi devs,

Could we vote at the next dev meeting that the ERM module will be
written in Vue3 and that it will not be a problem for its integration
into Koha?

This module will contain a lot of CRUD operations and simple forms.
And so all the necessary REST API routes will be provided from the
beginning.
I thought it would be a good candidate to introduce a new and modern
solution to Koha.
Using it in an isolated module will allow us to try it, find the
different problems we can face, fix them, and not force other
developers to be onboard if they don't want to.

There is already a POC of this module using Vue3, with the different
REST API routes, and UI testing using Cypress (see link below).

Other solutions are:
* Use another JS framework (but in that case you will show us on the
"cities" view a simple implementation case)
* Use the old/traditional way

Links related to ERM and Vue3:
* Electronic Resource Management for Koha
https://lists.katipo.co.nz/pipermail/koha/2022-February/057447.html
* Sandbox - https://staff-erm.sandboxes.biblibre.eu/cgi-bin/koha/erm/agreements.pl
* Git remote branch - https://gitlab.com/joubu/Koha/-/commits/erm
* Cities rewrites
** Bug 30160 - Rewrite cities admin view in React
** Bug 30225 - Rewrite cities admin view in Vue
** "I played with React"
https://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2022-February/046926.html
* "I played with Cypress (and ERM and Vue)"
https://lists.koha-community.org/pipermail/koha-devel/2022-March/046956.html

Cheers,
Jonathan