[Koha-devel] Serving Intranet from a subpath

Thomas Klausner domm at plix.at
Mon Aug 15 13:56:52 CEST 2022

Hi!

On Mon, Aug 15, 2022 at 10:02:18AM +1000, dcook at prosentient.com.au wrote:
> I feel like we've had this conversation before but now I can't find a record of it...

Yes, we had the same problem with OPAC, and "solved" it there with a
HTML-Rewriting middleware (not very stable, but good enough for now)

> I was intrigued by that "base" suggestion, but there's a few issues with it:

`base` is indeed very tricky had can have weird corner cases. But if it
would have been an easy fix, I'd go with it. But as `base` is not
working for our uses cases (without having to touch all links/templates)
I think it's not the best option.

> Personally, I'm in favour of using "uri_for()" template methods, which
> are common in pretty much every web framework around today, but it
> would probably be a prohibitive amount of work.

A lot work, yes (though I guess that 99% can be done with a few regex,
but the hard part will be finding the corner cases that did not work).
But the Steiermärkische Landesbibliothek is willing to do that work.

> I also wonder how it
> might affect some of the latest Vue.js work that Jonathan has been
> doing.

I don't know a lot about how that app is implemented, but usually the
Vue.js app will have its own internal routing and will "only" need to
know two things:
* where is the API the app should be talking to?
* where are the vue.js source files and other assets located

I also did not take a look how the Mojo API is connected with the rest
and if / which paths need to be adapted there (though as Mojo provides
`uri_for` I assume it will be simple)

> I'd love to get rid of "/cgi-bin/koha" one day in any case, since it's a holdover from decades past...

Yes, if we generate links via a function, we could easily get rid of
`/cgi-bin/koha` in the same go :-)

> Ultimately, I think only the RM can answer this one.

And how can I get the RM to think about this issue, so we might get an
answer (sorry, I'm still not that integrated into the Koha community..)

Greetings,
domm

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                             https://domm.plix.at