[Koha-devel] Elasticsearch query with suppress:false not returning expected results

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inlibro.com
Tue Feb 15 17:32:42 CET 2022

Good evening all (ES experts)!

We have a few clean records with distinct titles being searched using
intranet, and the cause is the "suppress" flag added to the queries in OPAC.

We have 25 records matching the "acceptabilité" query, and 1 matchin the
"expropriation" query.  Using the OR in advanced search produces 26
results in the intranet.  All good.

On the OPAC, we get the 1 result.  The logged query is the first one below

  *

    (title:acceptabilité) OR (title:expropriation) ANDsuppress:false         1 résultat

  *

    ((title:acceptabilité) OR (title:expropriation)) ANDsuppress:false       25 résultats

  *

    suppress:false  AND (title:acceptabilité) OR (title:expropriation)        95414 résultats

  *

    (title:acceptabilité) ANDsuppress:false  OR (title:expropriation)        25 résultats

  *

    (title:acceptabilité)                    OR (title:expropriation)        26 résutlats

The others are tries I did editing the query, trying to find the correct
way to add the suppress:false in order to produce a bug fix.  I couldn't
find any.  ES doesn't seem to work priorities and logic the easy way.

Help and insights would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Philippe