[Koha-devel] labels/label-item-search.pl hardcode queries that only work with Zebra

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inlibro.com
Thu Feb 24 22:58:11 CET 2022

Hello all!

Seems I'm diving into ES these days.  We have an issue with
labels/label-item-search.pl which uses the search engine to find items,
but the code hardcodes

(acqdate,ge:2022-02-17)

Which the ES's build_query_compat() method doesn't handle.  ES's index
is date-of-acquisition.

The right way to solve this would be to fix the query parser, but that's
a tall task for me.  Another way would be for me to cheat, if only I
knew what form the proper query would look like in ES.

Finally, it seems to me this could be done using database queries, much
simpler.

Input, comments and suggestions welcomed.

Philippe