[Koha-devel] Why is "branchcode" nullable for "reserves" table?

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Feb 28 03:36:12 CET 2022

Hi all,

Does anyone know why "branchcode" is nullable for the "reserves" table?

I'm occasionally finding I have reserves with a null branchcode, and it
causes all kinds of problems.

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how these reserves are being created, as
the UI should be preventing this from happening. I've looked at the logs and
tried to reproduce the problem myself and can't do it. But the action_logs
and the database itself confirms that there are reserves being created with
null branchcodes at times.

If the database had branchcode as a NOT NULL column, we wouldn't have this
problem. So I'm curious why we haven't done that. thoughts anyone?

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer

Prosentient Systems

Suite 7.03