[Koha-devel] Checkouts API Question

Renvoize, Martin martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com
Wed Jul 13 12:28:17 CEST 2022

Hi Stephen,

In the latest Koha version, we've added some additional x-koha-embed
options to the patrons API:
https://api.koha-community.org/Development.html#operation/listPatrons..
however from the looks of checkouts is just a count at the moment.  We have
to be a little careful will how much we expose using the embedding logic
for performance reasons.. although it may seem counterintuitive, sometimes
it's easier on the server to have multiple requests than to have a single
large request with a lot of join logic internally.

Hmm, having said that, it does look like a mistake to me that the
/checkouts endpoint doesn't support 'items' being embedded yet.. and
perhaps even 'items.biblio'.. I can look into that as a future addition.
It'll need a little investigation to know to what extent we should expose
embedding vs encouraging subsequent API calls for details.

*Martin Renvoize, MPhys (Hons)*

<https://www.ptfs-europe.com>

Head of Development and Community Engagement

*Phone:* +44 (0) 1483 378728

*Mobile:* +44 (0) 7725 985 636

*Email:* martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com

www.ptfs-europe.com

*Sign up for our newsletters here <http://eepurl.com/dPjjkn> or by scanning
the QR code*

Registered in the United Kingdom No. 06416372   VAT Reg No. 925 7211 30

The information contained in this email message may be privileged,
confidential and protected from disclosure. If you are not the intended
recipient, any dissemination, distribution or copying is strictly
prohibited. If you think that you have received this email message in
error, please email the sender at info at ptfs-europe.com