[Koha-devel] Datepicker: native vs jQuery vs Flatpickr

Owen Leonard oleonard at myacpl.org
Thu Jun 9 14:58:28 CEST 2022

> Microsoft has EOLed Internet Explorer.

In that case, when my corpse has been in the ground for a minimum of
six months you can start calling me EOLed

> I think we use a mix of jQuery date picker and Flatpickr

All dependencies on Bug 29239, "[OMNIBUS] Replace jQueryUI's
timepicker with flatpickr" have been pushed to master!

> I was curious what people though about using the native one.

I have not tested it in a project yet, but my impression is that we
will enjoy having the customization and styling options offered by
Flatpickr. For example: In many places we have two date fields tied
together so that the second selected date cannot be before the first.
This is easy to do with Flatpickr, but we'd be writing code from
scratch to handle that with the native option.

 -- Owen