[Koha-devel] ElasticSearch Geoserch

Thomas Klausner domm at plix.at
Wed Jun 29 12:04:39 CEST 2022

Hi!

We are currently discussing a project where a customer wants to add a
geosearch to Koha (store lat/lng in biblio, use Elastic geo queries [0]
together with a leaflet.js map to find biblios in a certain area).

I assume that might be of interest to Koha in general?

I also assume that this will only be possible via some changes to Koha
core code (i.e. adding a new search field to ES and Koha, define
mappings), while some things might be doable as a plugin (the "frontend"
map etc).

Before we start hacking I'd like to get some feedback from you:

* Would something like this be considered to be added to future Koha
  versions?
* Do you think it's feasable / possible to add to Koha?
* Has anybody maybe done a geosearch before? (I couldn't find
  anything..)

Greetings,
domm

0: https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/6.8/geo-queries.html

--
#!/usr/bin/perl                             https://domm.plix.at
eor(ref bless{},just'another'perl'hacker){s-:+-$"-g&&print$_.$/}