[Koha-devel] Gitlab policy changes

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:11:47 CEST 2022

Hi all, I have submitted the form, and also contacted the sales department
so we can explain how the project management works and to clarify any
doubts. I will add others to the conversation once I get the call with the
sales people.

Thanks everyone.

El mié, 29 jun 2022 a las 0:37, Victor Grousset/tuxayo (<victor at tuxayo.net>)
escribió:

> On 22-06-28 10:23, Jonathan Druart wrote:
> > Sorry for the late reply, I didn't really know what to say. As I was
> > involved earlier in the discussion I feel that by not replying, I am
> > agreeing with your message, Victor.
>
> No worries, I think no one in the discussion was to be assumed to agree
> with the idea that it would be a scam attempt to apply as is for the
> non-profit program. Because for that someone must agree that we do not
> fit at all with the non profit criteria for maintainers. That's the main
> point of the message and necessary condition before starting to talk
> about the scam thing.
> And it seems everyone leans towards that we fit. So if anything to
> assume, is that everyone was leaning towards agreeing to apply in good
> faith without being a attempt to trick GitLab, thinking that we fit
> enough in the criteria.
>
> > However I do not agree at all.
> > I do not recognize myself in your words
>
> That's fine, it's my own view that we don't fit and the arguments to
> apply anyway with less moral remorse are only mine.
>
>  > and I do not think "scamming gitlab" is a point of the discussion.
> > The matter is to know if we are eligible for a program they support,
> > and find the best way to apply in agreement with their terms and our
> > project's view.
>
> Alright, looks good that way, I had to think hard to find moral
> justifications to apply as is without complying to their terms.
> (Assuming we would lean toward that we don't fit at all with their terms.)
> My feelings when reading the discussion were that bringing up Koha
> Community as an organization or Horowhenua Library Trust was very
> dubious and that we should be upfront that it would be a dubious
> application to their program. Thus the scam thing.
>
> > We are relying quite a lot on gitlab, and I personally think the open
> > source product they provide is great. I thank their team for that.
> >
> > With this answer, I only wanted to take distance with your words.
>
> What about the main point of the message? My most important words are
> that we don't fit at all with their terms. (details in previous message)
> Sorry that I went too far developing the scam thing that it took all the
> attention.
>
> Cheers,
>
> --
> Victor Grousset/tuxayo