[Koha-devel] Increasing Debian package compatibility level

dcook at prosentient.com.au dcook at prosentient.com.au
Thu Mar 10 06:32:01 CET 2022

Hi Mason and folks,

Occasionally, I notice this warning when building Koha Debian packages:

dh_install: Compatibility levels before 9 are deprecated (level 7 in use)

I was thinking we should increase the compatibility level.

It would need some testing but I don't think we do anything too wild. On a
different project, I'm switching from RPMs to DEBs and I'm going with level
12 or something using a fairly similar methodology to Koha for most of my
Debian files.

Anyway, just a thought.

David Cook

Senior Software Engineer